Who is Geotab:
Geotab, a global leader in connected transportation and IoT, is one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America and a certified “Great Place to Work.” Each day, Geotab processes billions of data points from over 1.8 million connected vehicles. Geotab extracts actionable insights from this data, empowering businesses to track and manage fleets of every size. Geotab’s hardware devices, software platforms and applications help keep drivers in over 130 countries compliant, safe and efficient. Global demand for telematics is increasing and Geotab is leading the way. Are you ready to join us? To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook today!
Who we are looking for:
Geotab is looking for an experienced Engineer who is technically oriented and has the passion and skills to explain complex technical concepts to Geotab Customers. The Solutions Engineer will organize and own key projects for Geotab customers and partners. The ideal candidate will have a solid educational background and at least four years of experience as an Engineer. If you love technology, are passionate about creating best-in-class business solutions, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What are the details of this position:
As a Solutions Engineer, you will become familiar with all areas of the Geotab product suite, and contribute to pre-sales opportunities at all technical levels. You will be engaged from the start on exciting new opportunities and challenges to expand Geotab’s footprint in the telematics industry. Day to day, you will be responsible for assisting the Geotab Sales Team in pre-sales opportunities, running product pilots, and managing special strategic projects as required. You will leverage your knowledge in all aspects of the Geotab product suite to devise and build solutions to exceed end-user expectations. This role will also support requests for both software and hardware product integrations. To be successful in this position, you will be a strong multi-tasker with excellent time management skills, to properly monitor and prioritize various projects. The successful candidate will demonstrate technical expertise through problem solving, applying technical knowledge and product management for the functional area in which employee operates. This position involves travel to on-site locations in order to provide in-person support to Customers where necessary. You will work alongside the Sales, Software Development, Embedded Systems, Engineering Support, and Partner Account Management teams, among others.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Learn and maintain technical knowledge of the Geotab ecosystem and master MyGeotab portal features
- Support specific key accounts as a technical expert for current and future endeavours
- Provide Professional Services where appropriate, including pre-sales, consulting and support
- Manage the development of new integrated solutions (Geotab software and hardware integrations) for both general use or for specific Partner applications
- Work with strategic Account Manager to understand the impact of new features, changes in the Geotab system on the account prior to launch
- Liaise with the PMO team to share ideas and align on Geotab project best practices
- Educate Customers and Partners on how to integrate with Geotab platform utilising the Geotab SDK and other hardware extensions (Add-ons)
- Troubleshoot existing partner solutions
- Provide assistance to our partners from a technical perspective; this may be in the form of participating in partner calls, answering ad-hoc technical questions, and/or verifying solutions
- Work closely with the internal development teams to keep current on best practices and upcoming changes
- Provide feedback and guidance to junior team members
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Software Engineering or related
- 4+ years experience in a technical role
- Strong aptitude for understanding technical and business requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with project management
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. French language is valuable
- Comfortable speaking with external clients in technical and non-technical discussion
- Must be highly organized, task oriented and have a strong team orientation
- Electric vehicle and big data insights are an asset
- We encourage an entrepreneurial approach, nurture a learning culture, encourage social engagement and above all, a passion for technology
- Some travel may be required from time to time
Our Core Values:
Geotab is shaping the future of telematics. Using leading technology, we embrace change and challenge the status quo. To stay ahead of the curve, we keep Geotabbers energized with data bootcamps, course subsidies, Friday lunches, and more. We believe collaboration leads to innovation; our teams stretch across floors, cities and continents. All employees, from the CEO to the summer students, maintain an open-door policy. Whether we’re fine-tuning our products, or boosting our office culture, we’re building a foundation for long-term success. To us, this means safer roads, more efficient fleets and a team of dynamic Geotabbers!