Tractebel, part of ENGIE group, has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world’s largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added value across the full cycle of urban projects such as cities, transport, buildings and complex structures, water infrastructure, geo-engineering and environment. Tractebel’s ambition is to shape a sustainable living environment.
The working environment
You will join a multidisciplinary team specialising in mobility, regional and urban development, policy advice and environment.
We are looking for an economist with a special interest in feasibility and socio-economic evaluations, planning and operational studies regarding transport infrastructures and systems, urban mobility, green transport.
You will work on major projects, including projects that might involve short-term assignments abroad.
- We are looking for an experienced economist with specific background and experience in at least one – and preferably several – of the following themes: urban & regional development, transport & mobility, public-private-partnerships & concessions, sustainability & environment, regarding one or several transport modes: urban/regional public transport, rail, road, inland navigation
- You are familiar with planning, programming and evaluating transport infrastructures and services. You can quantify potential externalities and impacts of transport modes, including those related to the environment, climate change and air quality. In addition, you know how to address policy questions such as institutional frameworks and regulations in support of the above strategic areas. Naturally, you keep abreast of recent developments in the transport sectors globally
- You will manage or contribute to analytical studies on transport (transport economics, planning, governance, transport assets management, tariff policies, demand management, smart mobility and new technologies)
- You have experience with and are motivated by the economic (and ideally also financial and contractual) aspects of the areas above
- Your role will be identifying, securing, launching and managing (parts of) projects. These will examine the economic feasibility, financing (& ideally contracting) as well as the impacts of plans for regional and urban development, execution of major infrastructures, or studying the economic aspects of strategic policy decisions. Usually this implies engaging with and managing complex stakeholder relations as well
- You will join a multidisciplinary team which provides services to national and international clients. These are typically public, public-private-partnerships or fully private. The team’s work focuses on the desirability, feasibility, impacts, financing and execution of major infrastructure projects in the areas above
- You will act as a senior expert in your domain in – and/or manage – a large variety of projects and studies within Tractebel and the ENGIE group, some of which are major international projects. Occasionally this may involve short-term assignments abroad
- You hold a Master’s degree in a quantitative Economics discipline e.g. Applied Economics, Business Engineering, Management etc. Candidates with backgrounds in Engineering, Architecture, Urbanism and related disciplines may be eligible as well, if their CVs clearly show Economics qualifications and experience
- You have minimum 10 years prior relevant work experience
- You can demonstrate ability to function effectively as team leader or team member of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of working on studies or missions for international public institutions would be an advantage
- You have excellent social and communication skills, you lead presentations and discussions with ease
- You can manage a team and can handle strict deadlines and prioritise work at team level
- You have a solid mastery of English, and French or Dutch. Knowledge of other languages (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, German) is considered beneficial
- You are willing and enthusiast to work in our different office locations (Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Hasselt), depending on the needs
What We Offer
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce