Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan, and one of the few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
Location: This position can be remote and based anywhere within the US.
About The Role
Spin’s Public Policy team is formulating and advancing regulations, policies, and initiatives to make micromobility an essential option for people everywhere. As we grow in new and existing markets, we’re continuing to ensure that Spin is the industry leader in helping to shape and promote responsible and thoughtful regulations and policies.
We’re looking for a motivated, creative, and detail-oriented policy professional passionate about mobility to join our Public Policy team, which focuses on developing and advancing our regulatory and legislative priorities at the local, state, federal, and international levels.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in managing and achieving legislative efforts; has a strategic, creative, proactive mindset to make sense of the regulatory environment and to find the best paths to achieve Spin’s objectives; has a strong willingness to work in a fast-paced environment; and has experience working collaboratively with or within governments and public agencies.
- Work collaboratively with the Team and cross-functionally to achieve Spin’s public policy priorities across local, state, and federal governments, including analyzing and advancing legislation across multiple jurisdictions.
- Help formulate, communicate, implement, and oversee Spin’s positions/objectives on various policy and regulatory matters, including for new and emerging business objectives.
- Engage effectively and in good-faith with government officials and staff to advance Spin’s objectives.
- Work with and help manage external consultants to pursue Spin’s policy objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 8 years experience working in public policy, government, public affairs, legislative advocacy, and/or legal roles.
- Experience working with or within government and facilitating complex and sensitive conversations as part of high-stakes relationships, particularly on legislation and regulations.
- Track record of managing successful legislative efforts.
- Experience in drafting and advancing legislation.
- Experience working with external consultants and organizations related to public policy issues.
- Flawless writing skills.
- Strategic, creative-minded team-player and self-starter.
- Passionate about advancing accessible, sustainable modes of personal mobility.
- Working knowledge of transportation policy, especially micromobility/mobility policy.
- Law degree.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals’ sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]