TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading micro-mobility business. By making cities better places through lower congestion and emissions and putting responsible use and safety at the heart of our operations, we have a mission to change mobility for good. Not yet two years old, we have expanded into 75+ cities across ten countries worldwide and are already profitable. TIER Mobility has its headquarter in Berlin and our team has grown to more than 750+ people.
These will be your responsibilities
Public Policy Responsibilities:
- Monitor regulation, public discourse, and challenges our business could face as the public policy landscape in the Netherlands evolves
- Develop and execute proactive public policy strategies to address regulatory or other public policy challenges and topics
- Support the identification, engagement and management of stakeholders on municipal, political and national level, as well as in associations and NGOs
- Support in responding to public policy threats and opportunities in the Dutch market and at EU level
- Policy research on mobility and tech topics
- Work in close collaboration with the expansion, operations, brand and marketing, and other departments to drive a healthy regulatory environment in the Dutch market
- Maintain oversight of EU-level regulation affecting our industry
- Participate in shaping regulation at EU level through forums, conferences, stakeholder engagement and official regulatory submissions to ensure an enabling and innovative regulatory space for the industry
Public Relations responsibilities:
- Lead public relations efforts in the Netherlands, including local strategy development and execution including corporate communication and crisis management.
- Proactively and creatively build the TIER brand in the local market through press coverage
- Responsibility for building and maintaining a strong network and relationships with key journalists in the Netherlands
- Set overall and campaign objectives in this market, to ensure short and long term strategy and monitoring of progress.
- Utilise media channels, relationships and opportunities to support public affairs goals, and vice versa.
- Steer external PR agencies across projects and activities: agency briefing process and development of concepts and creative elements.
- Input to campaign recaps and post mortems, identifying and sharing key learnings, analytics, delivery against KPIs and best practice sharing across all markets
- Work with central PR team to localise central PR strategy to meet the needs and unique environment in the Netherlands
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge on media trends, industry best practice and media channel developments and opportunities in the region.
You’re offering these qualifications and experience
- Degree in Communications, International Relations, Politics, or a related field. Master Degree / MBA a plus.
- 5+ years’ industry and / or relevant work experience in areas of communications, public relations, journalism, governmental engagement, public affairs, consulting, and/or diplomacy.
- Experience and a good network in the mobility and transport sector, amongst both public and private stakeholders
- Creative, dynamic and comfortable working in fast paced environments
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills.
- Fluent written and spoken Dutch language skills. French a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and managerial level of strategic thinking
- Experience in PR communications, strategy and execution.
- Experience in crisis management and corporate communications
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
- We are one of the fastest growing and most funded startups in Europe
- A multinational team with diverse backgrounds and languages
- Space for rapid professional development and flexible working hours
- You will work on the forefront of the exciting & upcoming e-scooter industry
- Challenging tasks, high responsibility and with a high impact
- A world-class team of serial entrepreneurs (Co-founder of Rebuy, Takeaway, Coup) and high-performers (Ex BCG, Uber, Foodora and more)