About the Role
Operations are the heart of every JUMP launch – ensuring bikes are maintained and charged – exactly when and where our customers need them. As the Operations Manager, you will establish the processes, create the operational strategies, and drive the innovation that will not only determine the continued success of JUMP in Rome, but will lay the blueprint for future JUMP systems everywhere.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, be hungry for hands on operational tasks in the warehouse, have excellent time-management and organizational habits, and be ready to lead by example.
What You’ll Do:.
- Build and Optimise Warehouse Operations – the warehouse is the heart of our business in the early days, and it is essential for Operations Teams to embrace the challenge of building processes from scratch, get to deeply know our hardware products, and set up mechanics and field tech teams for excellence
- Grow the business – you will be constantly seeking solutions that scale, while overseeing the growth of our business. Your processes and projects will directly contribute to the city’s growth.
- Analyze Data – you will ensure you are creating, collecting, and incorporating as much data about operations as possible to constantly monitor performance and find opportunities to improve. You, with help from colleagues, will build the analytical frameworks and operational models to enable constant improvement.
- Problem Solve – all day everyday. You will operate a technology platform and capital assets in dynamic urban environments. All kinds of obstacles, barriers, problems, and snags happen on a daily basis and you must be ready to solve them as fast as they happen. You see upcoming systemic problems from far away, and nip them in the bud.
- Create & Optimize Process – we are a new company launching a new product in new environments – we not only need to create and constantly optimize our own processes for this operation, but for the many JUMP systems that are to follow in the near future.
- Collaborate – operations will need to collaborate with data scientists, communications and marketing, bicycle engineers, supply chain professionals, HR, and other teams.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 3 years of business consulting, investment banking, or operations management experience.
- Experience with data-based decision-making – exercising good judgement in ambiguous circumstances, and effectively communicating across a diverse team.
- Strong Excel skills a must, other database experience helpful. Comfortable learning and using new software tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, lead a team, manage employees, and create a hard-working but fun workplace
- Proven to be self-motivated, self-directed, and eager to take ownership of tasks to ensure solution
- Excellent organization and time management systems for yourself and your employees
- Clear Communicator – you are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly and highlight the key insights.
- Fluency in English and Italian required.
- Knowledge or passion for any of the following a plus: the city of Rome, mobility, SQL, bikeshare, bike mechanics, and data/programming/IT.
JUMP is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric vehicles that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Cheaper than most transportation options and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP is a game-changer for local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 14,000 bikes in 6 countries. This year JUMP is launching the next generation of e-mobility options in the US and Europe. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility.
To make this vision a reality, we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.