What You Will Do
- Leverage interpersonal skills, an understanding of open source software projects, and open data to build tools with and for a community of developers.
- Act as product owner for our open source tools: maintain a roadmap for our tools, meet community needs, and leverage community contributions. Develop plans to deliver features and align with high level product goals, under the leadership and with the help of the Product Direction.
- Work with a mix of internal, contract, and community developers to help coordinate plans for the initial and continuous development of software tools and services.
- Follow up on plans. Keep the big picture outcome in everyone’s focus.
Who You Are
- Someone user- and impact-driven, who’s not afraid of code and data.
- A communicator and consensus builder: you understand you have to work with others to build a collective understanding and approach.
- A prioritizer: efficiently deliver iterative products by drawing the line of what’s in scope.
- At home in an open source world: experienced in collaborating with developers in open source communities.
- Pragmatic and passionate. You’re excited about improving open source software, open data, urban life, mobility, and the environment.
- Aware and accustomed of the cultural differences in communication across countries and continents.
It Would Be Great If
- You have experience as a product manager or you experienced a great product culture as a developer.
- The more coding languages, the merrier.
- You know your way around a transportation dataset.
- You’re aware of transportation technologies.
- You like working in a Mac environment.
Keep in mind that these are not requirements. If you mostly recognize yourself in the section Who You Are, we strongly encourage you to apply.
What You Can Expect
- You will work with an open-minded and inclusive team that values diversity.
- You will be paid based on your experience, motivation, and location.
- You will enjoy 4 weeks of vacation per year.
- You will benefit from health insurance.
- Your public-transit and shared-mobility passes will be reimbursed.