Polis is looking for a Membership & Communications Officer who will be employed on a full-time 1-year contract with the possibility of an extension.
POLIS is the leading European network of cities and regions on urban transport innovation. Since 1989, European local and regional authorities have been working together within POLIS to promote sustainable mobility through the deployment of innovative transport solutions. Our aim is to improve local transport through integrated strategies that address the economic, social and environmental dimensions of transport. To this end, we support the exchange of experiences and the transfer of knowledge between our members and facilitate the dialogue with mobility stakeholders from the private sector. Fostering these partnerships makes research and innovation in transport more accessible and scalable. We also act as the voice of our members towards the European institutions to help shape EU mobility policy.
POLIS is looking for a Membership and Communications Officer to join its Brussels-based secretariat. The officer will support the team with POLIS communication activities and membership services, including:
- enhancing the visibility of the network and its member cities and regions from across Europe through the POLIS communication channels;
- further developing the POLIS website and Members Area;
- liaising with POLIS members on a regular basis;
- collecting and promoting members’ good practice;
- collecting and promoting POLIS Working Group meeting outcomes and conclusions;
- drafting articles for POLIS newsletters and Thinking Cities magazine;
- contributing to publications and to communication activities of European projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to have:
- a relevant university degree, preferably in the field of communications/journalism or related to transport, urban planning, or similar;
- first hands-on experience with membership coordination, communications, journalism and public relations, including the development of communication tools in English, such as websites, news articles, brochures;
- knowledge of and an interest in urban mobility;
- very good analytical and writing skills;
- the ability to work under pressure and be involved in a wide range of activities;
- an excellent command of written and spoken English; knowledge of additional European languages will be an asset.
He/she should be able to join the Polis team by mid-March 2021. Please note that due to COVID-19 health restrictions, the POLIS team is currently working from home.
What we offer
A full-time 1-year contract with the possibility of an extension.
How to apply
Please send a motivation letter and CV to Karen Vancluysen, [email protected], by 5 February.