MaaS Global is the world’s first true Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) operator with its award-winning Whim app, which provides users all city transport services in one app. With over 4 million trips made since its launch in December 2017, Whim is the first all-inclusive MaaS solution commercially available on the market. Whim allows users to journey where and when they want with public transport, taxis, rental cars, and many other options, all under a single monthly subscription. Whim has revolutionized users’ travel habits, in favor of circular modes. Join the Whim revolution – be part of building a more sustainable mobility ecosystem and make an impact!
We are looking for a Marketing Manager – DACH to join our team to take ownership and to successfully implement and operate our global marketing strategy and concept in Austria with local elements and insights. Whim was launched in Vienna in October 2019 and is a strategically important market for us. We have already established significant partnerships with for example Wiener Linien, Taxi 31300 and the City Airport Train (CAT). We are now looking for a Marketing Manager, who would together with our local Country Manager take the Whim brand and service to the next level in the DACH region, with a focus on Vienna first. In this role, you will report to our local Country Manager, with a dotted line to HQ Global Head of Marketing & Media on Marketing and Brand KPIs.
As Whim is the world’s first true MaaS operator globally, you get to build and develop a brand for a pioneer and a thought leader in its space. You also get to develop a completely new category on the market, which is both challenging and inspiring. You will also have an important role in supporting our local Country Manager in building and developing our foothold in Vienna and in forming partnerships with local Transport Service Providers. In this role, you are also part of MaaS Global’s Growth team, representing the DACH area.
MaaS Global has received a lot of attention and attraction globally. The Whim App was launched in Helsinki in 2017 and since then the team has grown to a team of over 130 people. We have offices in Finland, Austria, Belgium, United Kingdom and Japan. We have also received several awards along the way, such as “Future Unicorn Award” in 2019.
This position is based in our office in Vienna, Austria.
- Operate all marketing and communication activities online and offline in MaaS Global’s country team to support Whim’s brand awareness among end-consumers and convert local marketing efforts into tangible sales in liaison with the Country Manager, local marketing agencies and Maas Global’s Marketing & Communications team in HQ.
- Deliver to local B2C & B2B user acquisition and sales conversion targets.
- Represent DACH in MaaS Global’s Growth team.
- Maintain consistent Whim brand, identity and experience in accordance with the company’s brand guidelines and Global Marketing KPIs.
- Take part in local business planning and target setting together with local Country Manager.
- Prepare and execute the local online and offline marketing, communications plans and budget aligned with the country sales targets, with support from Head of Marketing & Media (HQ).
- Control the local marketing, sales and communications budget.
- Manage the local PR, Digital/Offline marketing agency relations.
- Manage the local operative relations with external sales partners and channels.
- Operate the execution of the planned marketing, communications and sales activities, online and offline.
- Operate local customer marketing content production in the local language.
- Lead the local social media presence and content creation.
- Act as the local media liaison.
- Oversee the stakeholder and crisis communications activities according to the company guidelines.
- Provide marketing and communications function support to the local team responsible for the Transportation Service Provider relationships.
- Take part in Growth team meetings as a representative of the region and deliver to set KPIs.
- You have 3+ years of hands-on experience in planning and executing both marketing and communication activities at an agency or in-house team.
- You are familiar with marketing tactics, especially with integrated marketing campaigns.
- You have experience from budgeting and reporting as part of your work.
- You have a sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and smart communication.
- You follow the latest trends and best practices in offline and online marketing and how to measure results, and continuously want to improve how you work.
- You are able to prioritise and focus in a high volume environment that might require multitasking.
- You are native German speaking with fluent English skills.
For your commitment you will receive an annual gross salary of at least €56,000. Depending on your qualifications and experience, there is flexibility in the willingness to overpay. Social benefits round off the salary package.
Recruitment process for this role:
- Application screening
- Video meeting with Talent Acquisition
- Assignment related to the role
- Meeting with Head of Marketing & Media
- Meeting with local Country Manager in our Vienna office
If you are interested, please send us your application as soon as possible. We will fill the role as soon as we find the right candidate for the position. For more information about working at MaaS Global, please visit our careers page here.