Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of transportation and mobility?
The Market Operations Manager (MOM) is a key operational leader whose work is vital to the successful roll-out of a new transportation product. The incumbent will work at the local level while collaborating with multiple departments across the organization. The MOM will manage the launch of the first market in Atlanta, and will be responsible for providing operational market leadership, creating and implementing new workflows and processes. The incumbent must be motivated, a creative problem solver, able to thrive under pressure, and willing to go above and beyond to provide top-notch customer experience.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Zipcar home office and local Avis Budget Group operations team on overall market launch strategy
- Lead the roll-out of new product initiatives
- Accountable for a local P&L, customer experience as measured by a net promoter score (NPS), and operational efficiency metrics
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, and merit/compensation reviews to local team personnel
- Manage and improve processes and systems to deliver results consistently (operational excellence: KPI reporting and diagnosis, application of best practices and team development)
- Define SOPs and provide feedback to product and member services teams to improve the customer experience and
- Contribute feedback and operational processes to the expansion of the flexcar product
- Evaluate and execute strategic supply planning through collaborating with corporation functions
What You’ll love about being a Zipster in Operations
- Collaborating with talented, passionate colleagues representing a large cross section of our functional teams that bring their authentic and whole selves to work
- Being part of a company that is big enough that we can achieve big things together, but small enough that you can make your mark
- Having immediate and direct impact on the growth and profitability of the business
What Drives Success For This Role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field required
- 4-5 years operations management experience (preferably in rental car / car share)
- Prior experience working in operations for a complex organization providing a 365/24/7 service
- Can identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, while maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to identify staffing needs and to hire key employees who have contributed to organizational success
- Experience tracking the success of operational improvement programs with an acute eye for sustainable, organization-wide improvements
What tops off the tank:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance and other voluntary benefits through our parent company, Avis Budget Group
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, personal, sick, volunteer and parental Leave options
- Tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Bicycle reimbursement program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Free Zipcar Membership and other discounts, including renting and buying Avis/Budget cars
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Zipcar is the world’s leading car-sharing network, found in urban areas and university campuses in more than 500 cities and towns. Our team is smart, creative and fun, and we’re driven by a mission – to enable simple and responsible urban living.
Being a Zipcar member gives you easy access to a car nearby without all the cost and hassle of owning one. Founded in 2000, Zipcar disrupted – or innovated – the traditional model of car ownership and independent studies show that Zipcar’s model of car sharing is proven to reduce vehicle ownership, freeing up more city space for people. Zipcar provides members with socially responsible, sustainable mobility options that support the global environment, their communities and city livability.
Zipcar is a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: CAR), a leading global provider of mobility solutions. For more information, visit: www.zipcar.com.
The Extra Mile
We encourage Zipsters to bring their whole selves to work – unique perspectives, personal experiences, backgrounds, and however they identify. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V.