Ready to change the future of transportation?
Ito World solves transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travelers everyday… probably even you. Interested in joining us?
We’re interested in talented, curious people who love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators.
Our clients include Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport.
Following a sustained period of growth, we’re now looking for a strategically-minded Commercial Director to lead our next phase of growth, domestically and Internationally.
As a member of the senior leadership team, you’ll be responsible for all commercial aspects of the company, including business development, account management, partnerships and sales capabilities.
We’re looking for someone who has worked in a fast-growing tech startup, has proven experience of consultative enterprise sales in B2B and B2G markets with a multi-national focus. This is an important role that requires a balance of leadership, strategy, business development and the drive to get things done. The ideal candidate is someone who can both lead the strategy and team as well as roll up their sleeves to develop and close deals.
The role will be based at our Cambridge head office. Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture and will consider applicants that may prefer to work remotely from time to time.
What you’ll do
Reporting to C-level, with 2 direct reports, you’ll:
- Develop, plan and implement commercial plans and strategies to expand our B2B and B2G markets locally and internationally
- Manage executive-level contacts with key partners and help grow strategic accounts
- Grow, develop and energise the commercial team to meet the needs of our fast-growing company
- Develop, negotiate, and manage partnerships that will deliver company growth goals
- Collaborate with the rest of the leadership team to define new markets, product strategy and pricing
- Define playbooks for market segments, including strategies for partnering with large consultancies (KPMG, Deloitte, etc) and vendor partners
- Ensure sales compensation structure aligns with company goals
- Implement ways to track and manage goals, pipeline priorities and key updates
- Work with multiple stakeholders and collaborate with Product, Operations and Engineering teams to deliver results and maximise the benefit to Ito and its clients.
- Define PR/marketing needs to support business development
- Attend and speak at conferences and other events to share knowledge and meet transit leaders
What you need to have
- Proven experience in a commercial leadership position
- A track record of selling to and winning large government and public sector contracts
- Successfully developing strategic partnerships and channel partners
- Prior startup experience in a fast-growing SaaS or tech company
- Commercial awareness and a strategic mindset
- Excellent organisational skills, attention-to-detail and the ability to set, manage and communicate clear priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to foster internal feedback between sales, product and delivery teams
- Ability to grow high performance B2B sales team that requires a highly consultative sales approach
- Have a track record of exceeding quota in your previous positions
What is also desirable
- Knowledge of the public transportation landscape including public transport authorities and operators
- Experience of direct and indirect selling into international markets, particularly Europe, North America and Asia
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work
- 25 days’ holiday
- Working on exciting projects in a friendly, creative and challenging environment
- Opportunities to work with some amazing clients
- An exciting start-up culture that values people & opportunities to develop your career
- Regular team lunches and socials
- Flexible or remote working to suit your lifestyle
Ito World is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability or social background. We support workplace diversity and believe it creates dynamic and effective organisations.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a “legitimate interest” basis. For further details see our privacy statement.