Pony is a shared micromobility company with a unique business model.
Pony is the first scheme to decentralise ownership of its vehicles, because we believe shared vehicles should belong to the people who use them. We let any of our users buy our ponies and share their revenue, ensuring that the profits remain in the local economy. We say they ‘adopt’ ponies and we call them ‘pony angels’.
We launched in 2017 as the first European company in the shared micromobility space. Today, we design, produce, and operate bikes and e-scooters across France and the UK. What sets us apart is our unique model and our obsession with quality and sustainability.
Not just getting around, changing the way the world goes round.
Job position available in Paris, Bordeaux, Angers
We are looking for the most talented IoT / Hardware Engineer to join our technical team.
You are responsible for defining and improving the electronic architecture and the design and production of PCBs, various custom components, antennas, SOWs to be integrated into the IoT environment.
You will gain broad-based industrial experience, encompassing Electrical, Mechanical and Managerial. You must be willing to tackle whatever technical challenge presents itself.
- Build working prototypes and prepare for testing and validation.
- Manage schematic capture and PCB layout
- Work closely with our hardware team to develop custom components, antennas, SOWs to be integrated into the IoT
- Ensure Design for manufacturability (DFM) & Design for test (DFT)
- Assist partners and mechanical engineer on the system testing
- Assist server and App development engineers on the server and app testing
- Work closely with the rest of the team to ensure proper Q&A throughout the life cycle of the product
- Proactively solve the hardware issues (i.e. low-power consumption hardware and circuit design)
- Provide feedback and suggestions about the hardware and software embedded system
To be a highly prolific and creative individual (in both personal and professional contexts) with a proven record of innovative design solutions.
Experience with designing and developing embedded firmware
LTE Cat M1, Multi Band GNSS, NFC, and Wifi Experience
Experience with CANbus, UART, I2C, and SPI communications
Experience with Sensor-systems and Edge-Computing
College degree in engineering field
7+ years related work experience
Digital, analog, power circuit design experience
Experience with CE, UL, FCC regulatory bodies and requirements
Results oriented, experienced launching technical projects into series production
Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, move fast, learn and correct
Experience working with suppliers and external partners
Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
Experience in mobility (cars, ebikes, e-cars, e-vespas, etc) is a plus
Experience in the cycling, automotive, commercial vehicle, powersports, aerospace or related industry is a plus
Strong negotiation and vendor management skills
Excellent communication and organisational skills
Willing to travel
Mandarin is a plus
Entretien et cas pratique
Entretien avec les Fondateurs
Welcome aboard !