BlaBlaCar’s vision is to bring fairness, freedom and fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to creating an efficient, affordable and friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 87 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale and truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar’s ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long-distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, and long-distance bus service. A filled bus emits one-third of the emissions per passenger kilometre as an average car — so we want to fill those seats too!
In 2019, 100 million travellers used BlaBlaCar globally, saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile, we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one, with 87% of members believing carpooling to be an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a unique international environment with a team counting 40 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kyiv, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo and Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held and founder-led. Our team of 700 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate and fundamentally mission-driven.
Why join us?
Employee Experience and Engagement in the Company’s strategy and values are very important for BlaBlaCar. As the Engagement & Culture Manager (for a short mission – CDD of 9 to 12 months), you will be joining the People Team, a team whose mission is to make BlaBlaCar an amazing place to work.
What you will directly contribute to:
- Build and implement the Global Employee Engagement strategy across all our offices
- Lead or contribute to diverse cross-functional projects (remote policy, leadership strategy…)
- Manage a wide range of company events to boost team-spirit and bring to life our culture, values and principles
- Plan and deliver an effective and powerful internal communications strategy
- Own the employee onboarding experience and processes
- Keep track of key employee engagement KPIs and execute continuous improvement actions
- Collaborate with business leaders (C-level, VPs, Heads, Managers) to promote employee engagement in their teams
- Manage all related external partners
What you will need to be successful
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience leading the Engagement & Culture strategy in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written English and French. Other languages, such as Russian, Portuguese or German, are a big plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively the company culture at all the levels
- Ability to think strategically, structure information and be methodical in organisation
- Strong project management and data analysis skills
- Ability to take initiative and be autonomous on complex projects
- Bold Fun and Serious attitude
A few practical details about the role:
- Start: As soon as possible!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Fixed-term contract (CDD) – 9 to 12 months.
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees:
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too.
- A strong “Fun & Serious” company culture
- An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kyiv, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw)
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location
- A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos, so that we’re all up to date with where our product stands
And some other great perks!
- Free carpooling and bus rides to live our value “Be The Member”.
- BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend every 18 months
- Possibility to work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad for a week once a year (BlaBlaSwap)