Autonomy is an independent, French startup focused on accelerating the transition to a smart and sustainable urban mobility. Alongside our events that connect innovators and policymakers together, we have also built up a blog and knowledge platform that has become an industry reference for thought leadership in the transportation/mobility space. Autonomy works with public institutions such as the Mairie de Paris, sustainability networks like Polis Network and ICLEI, as well as with large companies in the industry such as Engie, Renault, Allianz, RATP, EY and Uber, among others.
In the last year, Autonomy took a major turn to adapt to the COVID-19 crisis: we hosted our first digital edition in November 2020, and are now planning our second edition for May 2021. In preparation for our May event, we are seeking a Content & Communications Intern. As a member of our team, you will be assisting both the content team in the creation and management of the knowledge platform and our content offerings, as well as the marketing and communications team in developing event and website communications materials.
Our team is multicultural, and we come from a variety of diverse sectors. Much of the work is to be done in English, both written and spoken. As a member of our team, you wish to take part in an ambitious and challenging project.
- Assisting the content manager in editorial tasks related to the blog, including article edits, newsletter creation, translation, uploading and managing published articles, identifying interesting articles and content opportunities, and liaising with blog contributors
- Assist the content manager with Autonomy’s social media strategy, content creation, publishing and dashboards analysis
- Optimise our digital presence (updating SEOs, identifying opportunities for content sharing, working with developer teams to improve the website)
- Assist the marketing manager with emailing campaigns creation (content, translation and editing) and analysis, as well as with media partnerships and dashboards creation.
- Updating and maintaining the website and the blog as well as participating in the new website project launching (content, tests, etc.)
- The creation of visuals and infographics for a range of communications activities
- Coordinate with the customer success team to amplify the message of partners both before, during, and after the Autonomy Digital 2021 event
This is a non-exhaustive list! These tasks may evolve according to your motivation, skills, and the needs of the company.
- You are fluent in both English and French
- You have a very good understanding and use of WordPress, Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator as well as Microsoft Office or iWork Suite and Google Workspace
- You have strong writing skills and ideally have helped develop public communications
- You are interested in the topics of sustainable mobility, transportation, climate change, energy, and smart cities/innovation, and ideally have some knowledge of these sectors
- You are versatile, positive, and open to working in a horizontal team
- As this will be a remote internship which coordinates across countries and time zones, you are a self-starter, resourceful, organized, and collaborative
The internship period shall be between 4 – 6 months, ideally starting as soon as possible. If you are based in France, the remuneration is according to French law. If you are based in another country, remuneration will be discussed according to experience.
If interested, please send an email to [email protected] and [email protected] with the subject line of Content and Communications Internship Application and include a cover letter, CV, and the earliest date you would be able to start.