Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
Atkins Transport Consulting & Advisory is a strategic management consultancy dedicated to addressing the transport sector’s most challenging problems. We are a global business and our clients recognise us as their trusted advisors passionate about success and achieving exceptional solutions with enduring legacy.We work on transformative projects such as major procurements, infrastructure delivery and performance improvement, and market liberalisation across all modes of transport. Working at the front end of decision-making, we are well-placed to help clients develop strategies, services, projects and products from inception through to delivery and operation. We do this through four areas of expertise: Transaction, Commercial & Sponsorship, Rail Advisory and Strategy & Business Transformation.
We are seeking an ambitious analytical person to join our business and deliver high-quality work for a variety of clients across the UK and abroad. We are an expanding business and require people who can undertake detailed, evidenced and robust analysis, who are also able to confidently and effectively communicate complex ideas across all levels of understanding. We are particularly interested in those with a rail or transport background, however this is not essential – what’s key is your enthusiasm and desire to learn!
This role will be primarily based in the Rail Advisory team, and so our primary focus is on rail projects, however we also apply our capabilities and expertise to other modes of transport. There will be significant opportunity for the right candidate to work across the Atkins organisation and work on a variety of projects within and outside the UK.
We would like to discuss this position with candidates who can demonstrate strong analytical and communication skills; this is a perfect opportunity for someone with 2-3 years of experience in a related or relevant role who is looking to take the next step in their career and work on high-profile transport projects. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who can contribute to shaping and growing a high performing, dynamic team, working seamlessly across our national business.
- Educated to degree level in a numerate or analytical field such as (but by no means limited to) Transport Planning, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Operational Research etc.
- Excellent communication skills with strong report writing capability.
- Ability to present information to different levels of an organisation.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office packages.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality analysis to tight deadlines and developing innovative solutions to problems.
- Experience in a collaborative working environment, working across teams to deliver results.
- Experience working within the UK transport market.
- Skilled in the use of data analysis and statistics packages and techniques, for example SPSS, Python and SQL.
- Experience in revenue or financial modelling and forecasting, particularly in a transport context.
- Knowledge of business case development and economic appraisal.
- Undertaking transport analysis to support Rail Planning projects, and projects under other teams as per business requirements.
- Liaising with clients and presenting findings as required, including attendance at internal and external meetings.
- Providing quality assurance for work undertaken by the wider team.
- Managing time and workload effectively to meet internal and external stakeholder expectations.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.