We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
As our business controller, you will join our growing Finance team in supporting and advising Dott on financial aspects. You will report directly to the Head of Finance, and will be located in the Amsterdam headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- Work in partnership with the Head of Finance & Operations to monitor the performance of the business;
- Preparing and sharing the monthly and yearly management reports and statements (internal and external);
- Control month/quarter/year end closing processes for all entities and the consolidated Group in a timely and accurate manner;
- Work together with internal stakeholder to develop accurate budgets & forecasts;
- Develop and analyze KPI dashboards, reviews budgets, conducts analysis and monitor synergies;
- Develop financial controls such as a purchase-to-pay processes with the supply chain team or sales reconciliations;
- Analyze financial risks and recommend effective solutions in order to support the company’s economic growth;
- Drive company profitability, analysing P&L to define areas of opportunities, and working with key stakeholders to implement related action plans;
- Prepare the business case for any major investment or expansion decisions.
What you’ll need:
- 5 years minimum experience in finance & business control;
- Master’s degree is required;
- Fluent English required with additional languages (French/German/Dutch/Italian) a plus;
- Experience working with multi-country operations;
- Experience with Exact & Tableau or PowerBI is an advantage;
- Strong Analytical skills and ability to take ownership of projects;
- Highly entrepreneurial spirit, action oriented, hands on;
- Based in Amsterdam or readiness to relocate;
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.