At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Role
We are looking for someone to work on our Government Affairs & Public Policy team to build on the Federal affairs front, preferably based in Brasília. You will report directly to the Head of Public Policy in Brazil and impact our operation in the region.
Our team is responsible for working with policy makers and third parties to make the positive case for change. That’s partly about building lasting relationships in the cities where we operate with politicians and their staff, so they understand the benefits of this new model. It also about determining the best local regulatory framework and then developing campaigns to push reform through
What You’ll Do
- Support Uber’s Government Affairs & Policy team for all things Federal affairs
- Establish Uber’s brand and profile with policy makers—including governments, third parties and academics
- Work to ensure that regulatory frameworks support ridesharing apps like Uber
- Own relationships with other teams throughout the company, including Operations, Communications, Legal, Tax, etc., offering strategic advice to business partners in those functions
- Build lasting relationships with key partners, lead campaigns to change regulatory scenarios, and define strategies to react to new circumstances
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 8 years in government affairs is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Experience developing the regulatory infrastructure for highly regulated industries.
- You need to be comfortable coping with complex legal and political topics
- Experience leading the construction and execution of medium and long term plans
- To be a self starter: Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll require to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure
- To be a great advocate: You’ll use the intellectual fire power to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone—both orally and in writing
- To be a strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are ground-breaking, and the interests being redefined are deeply entrenched. So you’ll need to put together proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there’s a better alternative to today’s outdated status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do—and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated
- To be a phenomenal teammate: We’re looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally
- Great communication and writing skills * Professional proficiency in English & Portuguese