About the job
Vianova helps cities better manage their urban space, starting with mobility services
Along with the benefits of micro-mobility and other new mobility solutions, cities face growing challenges as they integrate fast-developing modes of transportation. Vianova is the leading platform for managing connected and shared mobility in the urban public realm. The company’s technology helps cities and mobility operators better collaborate and communicate, in order to foster more liveable and breathable streets.
We envision Vianova as the digital marketplace for cities to control and manage their public space: our mission is to help cities efficiently orchestrate the ever increasing influx of curb traffic associated with the proliferation of on-demand transport and delivery services (and eventually, autonomous vehicles), as well as easily enforce their rightful regulations.
The team gathers 12 people with deep and diverse domain expertise in mobility, mapping and technology. Vianova has been awarded various innovation prizes and is already live in ten cities across Europe.
We are looking for an ambitious and hands-on Back-End & Data Engineer to join our fast growing startup based in Paris, and have the opportunity to shape the future of urban mobility as well as public space together.
We are a passionate team, on a mission to help cities take back control of their streets, making it more liveable and breathable for billions of citizens. What keeps us as a team is a love of learning and building, and we have a big vision to fulfil that comes with huge technical challenges to overcome. We are looking for “tech for good” enthusiasts to help us build the next generation Operating System for smart cities to manage all connected mobility services.
This is an amazing growth opportunity for anyone who seeks a position at a fast-growing startup. Our platform is already launched with paying customers. We have been part of 2 major European Accelerators, and we just closed a 1.8 million euros seed round.
- Yearly compensation: €39k – €70k
- Competitive BSPCE (equity)
- Navigo: 50% | Health Insurance: 50%
- Develop in Python the Back-End mobility intelligence of the Vianova platform
- Integrate and handle geo-spatial datasets, and combine them with mobility analytics
- Support the development of public APIs to be shared with mobility operators and cities, containing mobility and compliance metrics
- Develop mobility data APIs and actively participate in the online community driving them forwards
- Write Big Data, streaming pipelines to handle billions of real time IoT mobility samples per day, and apply ML/AI to automatically extract insights for cities and operators
- Learn and/or apply robust DevOps workflows
- Degree in Computer Sciences, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Software development experience in Python — Preferred knowledge of RESTful and JSON APIs (Django, Flask)
- Proficiency in data modeling, querying and analysis (Redshift, Snowflake, DBT, PostgreSQL)
- Strong analytical reasoning and algorithmic skills for interpreting mobility and geo data
- Problem solving oriented, enthusiastic to work on strong technical challenges
- Be part of a challenging adventure, with a passionate team, shaping the future of urban mobility and smart cities in Europe
- Work alongside a world class team from Google, Alliance Renault-Nissan, HSBC
- Agile and fun working culture, with great colleagues to learn from
- Comfortable offices in the center of Paris with gym and canteen
If you are willing to be part of this exciting adventure, please reach out to us !
Contact: [email protected], +33 6 08 84 41 67